Led by HFBWA President Linda Nagai and 1st VP Claire Tamamoto, Hawaii BWA members and guests will meet their counterparts from the Buddhist Churches of America, and Jodo Shinshu Buddhist Temples of Canada, South America and Japan at the Kyoto International Conference Center on May 11-12, 2023.
As an attendee, here are some items needing your attention. CONTACT YOUR UNIT OR UNITED BWA PRESIDENT FOR DETAILS.
- Convention Registration fee – TBD
- Convention Program – TBD
- Uniform – BWA Purple Polo shirt (similar to previous one) – $25.00 – Oct. 31stdeadline to order
- Lei Making (added to convention Uniform) – TBD
- Entertainment – New Buddhist Women’s Pledge (singing/ukulele playing/American sign language) sign up if interested in participating
- Montoshikisho – optional; designed by Japan BWA; available at HHMH HQ Bookstore; $45 (a reduced cost is being offered through your temple or BWA Unit – $40.50) click here for design on new montoshikisho
- Five Nights Stay in Kyoto (RT air (Honolulu to Osaka); transportation to/from airport to hotel, to/from hotel to Honzan and convention site; Designated hotel; some meals, etc.) – Kintetsu Hawaii (should be confirmed already)
The one-and-a-half-day convention follows our participation at the Hongwanji Founder’s Hall (Honzan) on May 10, 2023 as part of the Joint Celebration.